Sunday, February 5, 2023

The veggie garden is nearly there. I had built the beds and trellis last week, and today, I secured the base of the trellis with decking screws, loaded the beds with Shenandoah topsoil, with Elliott carrying the bags across, and then I put down weed barrier with bark on top. Next week I’ll add local cow manure, then put the fencing up around it, add netting to the trellis, and put in a gate, which I found cheap a few months ago. I’ll be winter sowing veggie seeds, along with lavender and lemon balm to deter groundhogs, at the end of February that will go in the beds in spring. The wood sticking out at the end of the trellis will have some chimes hanging, as deterrents, and hooks to add string, in case I need more support for plants.



No comments:

Post a Comment