Thursday, January 5, 2017

I got home to find a sprinkling of snow on the hill and more forecast for the night, so after getting the fire blazing I knocked up a quick meal. While other folks pop pills and sip syrups to keep a cold away I thought I would do it the natural way. It was delicious! Recipe below:

Tuna and Chickpea Chilli

In a large saucepan dump a can of diced tomatoes, can black beans, can chick peas, small can sliced black olives . Add bag of frozen chopped spinach and bag of frozen broccoli florets. Add small jar of sun dried tomatoes, small jar of roasted peppers, small jar of capers and a can of tuna. A good shake of turmeric, ground ginger, cumin, ground pepper and salt, chilli flakes and chopped clove of garlic. 

1 tbsp of Deep green chili pickle( found in Indian food aisle) is optional but adds heat. Yum! Add a cup or so of water and cook for about 30 mins, stirring occasionally. 

While this is simmering, cook half a packet of pasta in a separate pan and add to chilli once cooked. 

I'm sure a glass of red wine added to this would be awesome too but I'm on a diet and wanted to enjoy mine from the glass rather than in the soup. Being on a diet is also the reason I didn't sauté an onion first.

No comments:

Post a Comment